Fast with a hard hitting headline? Enjoy conducting interviews and ghostwriting articles? Good at establishing and growing relationships with both clients and media? SFW is seeking a creative hybrid—part long-form writer and part public relations coordinator.
As a creative Writer you will be asked to:
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
Content creation will include but is not limited to core website copy, blogs and news articles, social media posts, content for banners and ads, product descriptions, case studies, whitepapers, ebooks, company bios, and landing pages.
As a Public Relations Specialist you will be asked to:
- Develop and maintain the public images of our clients
- Concept, write, issue and promote press releases
- Ideate, create and distribute media kids
- Research journalists, influencers, editors and more; maintain an updated and ongoing list of media contacts per client
- Work closely with core account teams and social media specialists
- Organize and coordinate media relations at events, tradeshows, etc.
- Pro-actively bring PR ideas to the table
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years writing and public relations experience
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA in marketing, journalism, mass communications, PR or related field
Our ideal candidate is a creative, collaborative, and team-spirited writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly, turn around well-written copy in tight time frames, and enjoy being challenged, we’d like to meet you. Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Include links to your content or portfolio in your application. Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.