December 10th, 2018
SFW’s 17th annual CreateAthon: By the numbers
Agency worked for 24-hours, to give pro bono marketing materials to nonprofits
GREENSBORO, NC— As a partner agency, SFW participated in its 17th annual, 24-hour charity event, CreateAthon on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018. This year, SFW served more nonprofit organizations than ever before. With over 36 applications and 29 selected nonprofits, SFW was put to work from sun up to sun down.
“I love the way SFW gives back and supports the community,” said one SFW client, “Not only does SFW do great work, you guys are good people. That is certainly a lot to be proud of.”
CreateAthon became a tradition at SFW after September 11, 2001 as a way to give back in a time of need. It also served as a way for Ged King, SFW CEO, and brother Matt, SFW’s Chief Creative Officer, to say thank you and show appreciation for their business success.
This year, SFW worked with 29 nonprofit organizations, local and national, delivering 61 completed projects totaling $210,125. On top of that:
- 114 SFW employees, families, and friends contributed
- 9 Wake Forest University students lent a helping hand
- 17 lbs of brisket to fuel our tanks, yum!
- 1 solo rock n’ roller kept us on beat and on time
- 23,550 postcards, flyers, brochures, posters, and banners were completed
The following organizations participated, receiving up to two pro bono projects to advance their mission and helping SFW to make this possible:
- The Arc of Davidson County, Inc.
- Casa Azul of Greensboro
- Youth Focus
- Anchor Hope
- Seven Homes
- Restoration Place Counseling
- Mental Health Association in Greensboro
- Open Hands of Davidson County, INC
- Women’s Resource Center of Greensboro
- Mary’s House, Inc.
- Smart Start of Davidson County
- Guilford County Solution to the Opiod Problem
- Sisters Network Greensboro
- People & Paws 4 Hope, Inc.
- One Child’s Voice
- Least of These Carolinas
- Swann Drumline & Dance Team Booster Club
- Kopper Top Life Learning Center, Inc.
- US Veterans Corps
- Brown Summit High School Alumni and Friends Association, Inc
- Music 4 More / Music 4 Vets
- NCCJ of the Piedmont Triad
- Communities that Care at Claremont
- Boundless Impact
- arcBARKS Dog Treat Company
- Hannah’s Haven
- Caroline’s Promise
CreateAthon’s mission is to deliver more than $100 million dollars in pro-bono marketing services by 2020. So far, the organization has delivered $24 million dollars in marketing services for more than 1,300 community organizations.
SFW is the single largest marketing agency to participate in the event, nationwide.